Tunisian-Style Greens and beans
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 medium Onion, sliced
- 2 or 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed chile flakes
- 4 cup chopped greens, such as beet greens or Swiss chard
- 1 cup diced tomatoes with juices
- 1 cup cooked beans (garbanzos are my favorite)
approx. 1/2 cup bean cooking water
- Stew the Onion and garlic in a little oil until the Onion is soft.
- Stir in the salt and spices.
- Chop the greens and stir them in. (A little water left on the greens from washing them is good, it helps steam them done.)
- When the greens wilt, add the tomatoes, beans and some of the bean cooking water. Cook for 10 or 15 minutes. The finished dish should be a little saucy, but not soupy. Add bean water or plain water accordingly.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.