Tunisian egg Loaf with Artichokes
- 1 1/2 ounces Gruyere Cheese (45g)
- 1/4 cup loosely packed parsley leaves (1/4 ounce, 7g)
- 2 medium garlic cloves (1/5 ounce total, 6g), peeled
- 1 medium Onion (4 ounces, 110g), peeled, quartered
- 1 pound trimmed Lamb (450g), cut into 1-inch (2.5 cm) pieces
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 6 large eggs
- 6 canned artichoke hearts, drained (about 3 ounces, 85g), halved
Generously grease a 9 by 5 by 3-inch (22 by 13 by 7.5 cm) loaf pan.
- Preheat the oven to 350F. (175C).
- Shred the Cheese with the medium shredding disc of a food processor. Reserve. Process the parsleyand garlic with the metal blade until finely chopped, about 15seconds. Add the Onion and pulse until finely chopped, about 6times.
- Add the Lamb, salt and pepper and pulse until finely chopped,about 10 times. Add the eggs, pulse 4 times, then process untilthe mixture is blended, about 5 seconds.
- Pour half the Lamb mixture into the loaf pan. Arrange the artichokes, cut side down, on the
mixture and pour the remaining Lamb mixture over them. Sprinkle with the shredded Cheese. Bake in the center of the preheated oven until the loaf is firm to the touch, about 50 minutes. Remove the loaf to a wire rack to cool for 5 to 10 minutes. Turn out onto a platter, slice and serve.