When roasting turkey breasts, double the amount so you’ll have quick and easy leftovers for soups, salads, etc. Make the poultry-based chowder bolder by adding other herbs and spices while it then keeps a red-hot, savory aroma with the real turkey and vegetables.
- 2 cups chopped, cooked, or roasted turkey
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1 small onion, diced, red, white, or yellow only
- 1 celery stalk, diced
- 1 carrots, diced
- 2 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 3 cups chicken or turkey broth
- 1 large potato, peeled and diced
- ¾ cup frozen corn
- ½ tsp. dried thyme
- In a frying pan, heat butter and cook onion, celery, and carrots for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and add flour.
- Stir and cook on low heat for 1 minute.
- Add stock and bring to a boil.
- Add turkey, potato, corn and thyme. Cook over low heat 15 minutes, or until the potato is cooked.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve hot and plain or with other main dishes or side dishes but spoon or scoop the poultry-based chowder in a fresh, large bowl.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Servings: 4 tablespoons or 4 scoops per bowl