- 2 tsp canola oil
- ¼ onion minced
- ¼ green bell pepper minced
- 1 garlic clove minced
- ¼ tsp cumin
- 1 small tomato halved, grated, with skin discarded
- 1 medium potato, peeled, ¼-inch dice
- 8 oz lean ground turkey breast
- 1 cup fat-free, low-sodium chicken broth
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the onions, bell pepper, garlic and cumin.
- Cook for 4 minutes or until the onions are soft but not brown.
- Stir in the tomatoes and potatoes.
- Cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in the turkey.
- Season with salt and black pepper.
- Cook, breaking the turkey up with a spoon, for 3 minutes, or until the turkey is white and crumbly.
- Add the broth.
- Simmer 12 minutes or until the potatoes are soft and most of the liquid has been absorbed.
- Let guests season to taste with additional salt and pepper, depending on other dishes.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.