If you haven't used ground turkey before, you will be amazed how great it tastes in this recipe.
- Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Source: Healthy Calendar, Diabetic Cooking, published by the American Diabetes Association
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes
- Servings: 10
- 1 lb. lean ground turkey
- 2 x 26-oz. jars marinara pasta sauce
- 1 cup shredded, part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 15 oz. fat-free ricotta cheese
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- ¼ cup chopped, fresh parsley
- 12 no-boil lasagna noodles
- Preheat an oven to 350° F. Coat a 13 x 9 x 2-inch glass baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large saucepan, cook turkey over medium-high heat until brown. Drain fat.
- Lower heat to medium and add pasta sauce. Cook for 5 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, mix together ½ cup mozzarella, ricotta, Parmesan, egg, and parsley.
- Spread 1 cup pasta sauce on bottom of the baking dish.
- Arrange noodles side by side on top of sauce, overlapping slightly.
- Spread ¼ cup cheese mixture on top of noodles. Repeat layering with pasta sauce, noodles, and cheese mixture 2 more times.
- Top with remaining 3 noodles and 1 cup sauce. Cover lasagna with foil and bake 25 minutes.
- Uncover; top with remaining mozzarella cheese and bake additional 25 minutes or until cheese is light golden brown. Serve hot and plain but cut the cooked, poultry-based lasagna into serving pieces with a chef's knife.
Nutritional information Edit
Per serving (1/10 recipe):
- 293 Calories | 76 Calories from Fat | 8g Total Fat | 3g Saturated Fat | 97mg Cholesterol | 609mg Sodium | 30g Total Carbs | 4g Dietary Fiber | 1g Sugars | 26g Protein
- Exchanges: 1 starch | 2 lean meat | 3 vegetable | ½ fat
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.