- 1 1/2 pounds turkey cutlets or scaloppine, cut into 4 pieces
- 2 tablespoons flour
- freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons each: olive oil, unsalted butter
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup marsala, sherry or madeira
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Cover the turkey pieces with wax or parchment paper. Pound very thin with a hammer or meat pounder. Coat in flour; shake off excess. Season with 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper to taste; set aside.
- Heat oven to 200 degrees. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook turkey in batches, turning once, until golden brown and cooked through, about 3 minutes. Remove from pan. Place on ovenproof platter in oven to keep warm.
- Add butter to pan; cook mushrooms until slightly softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in chicken broth and marsala; turn heat to high and cook until liquid is reduced by half, about 12 minutes. Stir in lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper. Return turkey to pan; coat with mushrooms and sauce.
Makes 4 servings.
- Calories 320
- Fat 13.5 g
- Carbs 5 g
- Sodium 540 mg
- Fiber 0.5 g
Contributed by : Edit
Turkey Marsala Videos Edit
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.