Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Source: American Heart Association Cookbook, 5th Edition © 1973, 1975, 1979, 1984, 1991, 1998 American Heart Association
- Serves 8
- 1 lb lean ground turkey meat
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ½ to ¾ tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp Italian herb seasoning
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1¼ tsp coriander
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp paprika
- ¼ tsp salt
- 4 tbsp plain, fine bread crumbs
- ½ cup homemade chicken broth or low-sodium chicken broth
- vegetable oil spray (optional)
- In a medium bowl, combine turkey, herbs and bread crumbs.
- Stir to mix well.
- Add chicken broth and stir again.
- Let stand 15 minutes.
- Form into 8 patties, about ¾-inch thick.
- Spray skillet with vegetable oil spray, or use a nonstick skillet.
- Place patties in skillet over medium heat.
- Cook 7 to 8 minutes on each side, or until done.
- Serve hot.
Nutritional information Edit
Per serving (1 patty):
- 94 Calories | 13g Protein | 3g Carbs | 3g Total Fat | 1g Saturated Fat | 1g Polyunsaturated Fat | 1g Monounsaturated Fat | 35mg Cholesterol | 127mg Sodium
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.