Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Source: www.lifescript.com and FoodFit
- Preparation time: 10 minutes | Cooking time: 20 minutes
- Serves: 4
- 1 lb turkey cutlets, sliced into thin, 1-inch strips
- salt to taste
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced (Make it Quicker: Substitute 2 x 6-ounce cans of sliced mushrooms for the fresh mushrooms.)
- 1 cup non-fat sour cream
- ½ cup chopped tomatoes, canned or fresh
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ tsp hot sauce, such as Tabasco
- 2 cups cooked, hot egg noodles
- Season the turkey strips with salt and pepper.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over high heat.
- Add the turkey and brown on all sides, about 6 to 7 minutes total.
- Set the turkey on a plate and keep warm.
- Reduce the heat to medium and add the onion.
- Season lightly with salt and pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until the onions begin to soften, about 5 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and cook until they are soft, about 7 more minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute more.
- Add the sour cream, tomatoes, Worcestershire and hot sauces.
- Combine well and heat thoroughly.
- Add the turkey and any juices.
- Taste and adjust the salt and pepper.
- Divide the egg noodles among 4 plates so that they form a small ring on the plate.
- Spoon the stroganoff mixture into the center of each ring and serve.
Nutritional information Edit
Per serving (1 plate with noodles):
- 467 Calories | 16g Total Fat | 3g Saturated Fat | 36g Protein | 43g Total Carbs | 3g Dietary Fiber | 462mg Sodium | 32% Calories from Fat | 31% Calories from Protein | 37% Calories from Carbs
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.