In Romanian: Mincare de curcan cu castane
- 12 little turkey pieces
- 1 tablespoon lard
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 teaspoon flour
- 1 small onion
- 1¾ lbs / 750 g chestnuts
- 1½ teaspoon sugar
- Fry the turkey pieces with lard until yellow.
- Pour chicken broth or water to almost cover, add salt and a whole onion and simmer, covered, until the meat is almost done.
- Remove the onion.
- Separately fry the flour until yellowish, add the turkey boiling liquid and caramelized sugar (1 teaspoon) to which a little more of the turkey boiling liquid has been added.
- Pour this sauce over the turkey pieces, add ½ teaspoon sugar, salt, butter and the boiled and peeled chestnuts.
- Be careful to keep the chestnuts whole.
- Simmer until the sauce is greatly reduced (the dish must have very little sauce).
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.