In Romanian: Prajitura turceasca (Tis-pis-tiri)
- 1 egg
- 1½ cups oil
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon confectioner's sugar
- grated peel from 1 lemon
- flour as needed
- shortening and flour to grease and dust the pan
- Beat the sugar with the egg, mix with oil, salt, lemon peel, sugar and water.
- Add flour and knead a soft dough. Let it rest for 10 minutes and then roll into a finger thick sheet.
- Cut into squares (not too big) and arrange on the greased and dusted baking sheet, at a distance one from the other.
- While they bake, prepare the syrup.
- Set to boil the sugar with 1¼ cup water and vanilla; after a few minutes, add lemon juice and remove from heat.
- When the squares are nicely golden-brown, scald with this syrup and bake a little longer so that the syrup gets well into the dough.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.