- 8 med. turnips, peeled & cut into 2"x1/2" strips
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 2 lg. carrots, scraped & cut into 2"x1/2" strips
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup English peas
- 1 (4oz.) jar chopped pimento
- 1 (10 3/4 oz.) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon dried [[basil]
- 1/2 cup herb-seasoned stuffing mix
- 1/4 cup melted margarine
1.Place first 4 ingredients in a large pot, cover with water and cook 5-8 min. or until vegetables are tender. Drain well.
2.Stir in peas and pimento. Set aside while combining other ingredients.
3.Stir soup, sour cream and basil together, add vegetable mixture. Pour into a well-greased 9" square casserole dish. Combine stuffing and butter. Spread over top of casserole. Bake at 350° for 30 min.
- Fruit & Vegetable Recipes I by the South Carolina Department of Agriculture, public domain government resource -- original source of recipe