This soup is so near the flavor of real turtle soup that few people are able to tell the difference!
- 375 gm black bean packet
- 2 litres water
- a large pinch parsley
- a large pinch thyme
- a large pinch summer savory
- 1 tsp butter,cold
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 hard-boiled egg yolks, chopped
- 1 lemon, sliced
- ½ glass of wine
- few meatballs of forcemeat
- Soak the black beans in water overnight.
- Boil them in 2 liters of water until they are soft.
- Puree the beans in a blender or push through a sieve, reserving liquid.
- Return the purée to the soup pot along with the liquid.
- Put the parsley,thyme, and summer savory into a small piece of muslin, tie and put into the pot.
- Add butter and season with salt and pepper.
- Simmer for at least 30 minutes.
- Just before serving, add the egg yolks, lemon slices, wine, and meatballs.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.