Makes 6 servings.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¾ pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into ¼-inch thick strips
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ pound fresh spinach leaves, washed, stems removed, torn*
- 1 x 14½-ounce can diced tomatoes, drained
- 6 cups cooked rice
- 2 x 15-ounce cans navy beans or great northern beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¾ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat until hot.
- Add chicken, onion and garlic; cook and stir 7 to 10 minutes or until chicken is slightly brown and onion is tender.
- Add spinach and tomatoes. Cook 3 to 4 minutes or until spinach is wilted and tomatoes are simmering.
- Add rice, beans, vinegar, sherry, Italian seasoning and pepper.
- Cook and stir 3 to 4 minutes more until thoroughly heated.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.