Twice Baked Potatoes from the Wikibooks cookbook—original source of article, licensed under the GNU Free Documentation license
- Cook Time: 90 minutes
- Serves: 5 – 6
- 4 medium Russet potatoes (7 to 9 ounces)
- vegetable oil to rub on potato skins
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup sour cream
- 4 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Pinch ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Rub potato skins with vegetable oil to ensure crispness.
- Bake potatoes for 1 hour until done.
- Carefully remove potatoes from oven and cool for 10 minutes.
- Cut potatoes in half lengthwise and scoop out pulp with a small spoon.
- Mash potato pulp with a fork until smooth.
- Add remaining ingredients until well combined.
- Spoon the mixture into the empty potato shells.
- Increase oven setting to broil.
- Broil potatoes 10 or 15 minutes until spotty brown and crisp.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.