- ¾ cup long-grain rice
- 1 – 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 green onions, sliced (white and ⅔ of green)
- 1 – 2 serrano pepper, seeded and minced
- ½ lime, juice of
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- ½ cup chopped cilantro
- 1¾ cups water
- Saute green onions and serrano peppers 2 minutes in olive oil.
- Add the rice and saute another 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add lime juice, chile powder and oregano and continue sautéing another minute or so.
- Pour in water, add cilantro, bring to a boil then reduce heat, cover and simmer on very low heat for 15 minutes or until rice is done.
- salt to taste.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.