This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Elmquist Estate in Heath, Texas in 1981.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 level teaspoon baking powder
- ⅜ cup boiling water
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- Beat yolks until thickened then add sugar gradually.
- Add hot water then sift in salt, baking powder and flour.
- Fold in stiffly beaten whites and lemon extract.
- Bake at 350°F in ungreased tin for 35 minutes.
- Turn upside down until cool.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.