- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large red onion, quartered and thinly sliced
- 1 large white or yellow onion, quartered and thinly sliced
- 12-inch good-quality prepared pizza crust
- 4 to 6 ounces organic smoked mozzarella or sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- Heat the oil in a large skillet.
- Add the onions and saute slowly, covered, until translucent.
- Uncover and continue to saute until they are nicely golden (but not browned), stirring often.
- Arrange the onions on the pizza crust, then sprinkle the cheese evenly over the onions.
- Bake in a preheated 425 degree oven for 8 to 10 minutes, or until the cheese is melted.
- Cut into wedges and serve at once.
- Serves: 2 to 3
- Serve this with a salad of mixed greens, cannellini (large white beans), and ripe tomatoes. A good wine adds to the charm of this meal as well.
Contributed by : Edit
Jenn B aka Mom2Sam and Tiny http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Quick_Meals_For_Busy_People Back of Box, jar and cans recipes http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Quick_Vegetarian_Recipes
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.