Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 4 servings
- 1 pound uncooked large shrimp , peeled, de-veined
- 4 tablespoons dry white wine
- 2 teaspoons grated peeled fresh ginger
- ½ teaspoon cracked black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon dried crush red pepper
- 8 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 cups + 2 tablespoons cold water
- 5 cups shredded romaine lettuce
- 8 radishes, trimmed, thinly sliced
- ½ cup bottled clam juice
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon sugar
- 4 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 pound onions, thinly sliced
- ½ cup drained canned diced tomatoes
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Mix shrimp, 2 tablespoons wine, ginger, black pepper and crushed red pepper in large bowl.
- Cover and chill 30 minutes.
- Drain, reserving marinade.
- Pour 7 tablespoons rice vinegar into another large bowl.
- Add 2 cups cold water to bowl.
- Add shredded lettuce and radishes.
- Let stand 5 minutes.
- Whisk clam juice, remaining 2 tablespoons wine and remaining 1 tablespoon vinegar in medium bowl to blend.
- Add cornstarch, salt and sugar; whisk until cornstarch dissolves.
- Whisk in reserved shrimp marinade.
- Set aside.
- Heat 2 teaspoons olive oil in large nonstick skillet over medium- high heat.
- Add shrimp and sauté until just cooked through, about 2 minutes.
- Using slotted spoon, transfer shrimp to plate.
- Heat remaining 2 teaspoons oil in same skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add onions and sauté until beginning to soften, about 4 minutes.
- Add remaining 2 tablespoons water and stir 1 minute.
- Add tomatoes and garlic and stir 30 seconds.
- Re-whisk clam juice mixture to blend.
- Add to skillet and boil until sauce thickens, about 1 minute.
- Add shrimp and parsley and toss to coat.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Remove from heat.
- Divide lettuce and radishes among 4 plates.
- Spoon shrimp mixture and sauce over and serve.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.