- 1 pound 8 ounces shallot, diced
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 3 quarts + 3 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 2 tbsp grated lemon zest
- 24 California avocados (12 lbs.)
- 3 cups half and half
- 3 tbsp salt
- 1 tbsp white pepper
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 48 avocado slices
- Sauté shallot in oil until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in stock and lemon zest; simmer 10 minutes.
- Cut avocados in chunks; stir into stock.
- Stir in half and half; chill.
- Stir in lemon juice; season.
- Garnish each serving with 2 avocado slices.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.