- Source: FOOD—by U.S. Department of Agriculture
- Typed for you by Karen Mintzias
- Serves: 12
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup flour, unsifted
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅔ cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Preheat griddle.
- Beat eggs with brown sugar until very light, about 2 minutes.
- Mix dry ingredients.
- Stir gently into beaten eggs.
- Add buttermilk and oil.
- Stir only until mixed. Batter will be lumpy.
- For each pancake, pour ¼ cup batter onto hot griddle.
- Cook until surface is covered with bubbles, turn, and cook other side until light brown.
- Cool on rack.
- Place pancakes in an airtight container with wax paper between layers or wrap singly in foil. Label and store in freezer.
- To reheat in toaster: remove from freezer and unwrap pancakes to be reheated.
- Set toaster on medium-low setting.
- Toast pancakes, twice if necessary, to heat through.
- Calories per 4-inch pancake: About 90
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.