The variations possible with this colorful vegetable casserole are endless. Either make it with the vegetables listed here or substitute your own favorites.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 small Onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 1 medium Eggplant, unpeeled, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 small sweet red pepper, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 or 2 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1 pound fresh spinach, cleaned and chopped, or 1 10-ounce package frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 1 small zucchini, peeled and sliced
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut in wedges
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- In a large frying pan, heat oil over medium-high heat for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add onions to pan and stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes. Continue to add vegetables to pan in order listed, stir-frying each 2 to 3 minutes before adding the next.
- Stir in salt and black pepper. Cover pan, reduce heat to low, and simmer 10 to 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Serve immediately.
- Serves 4 to 6.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.