- 100 g or 200 g of meat with rib bones (preferably beef)
- 1 big onion
- 1 beetroot
- 1 large or 2 small carrots
- 50 g of pork fat
- half a lemon
- 1-2 tbsp of tomato paste
- 3 or 4 large potatoes
- 200 g of cabbage
- bay leaf
- Boil the meat for the stock. Chop the onion.
- Grate or shred the beetroot. Grate carrots.
- Melt some fat on a frying pan.
- Cut the Pork fat into very small pieces and fry it until it becomes golden in colour.
- Add onions to the frying pan, fry it until they get golden.
- Add carrots, when they get soft, add beetroot.
- Sprinkle juice of half a lemon onto the mixture.
- Add tomato paste to the frying pan.
- Fry the mixture for a while. Add a little stock, pepper, bay leaf. Set the heat to the minimum cover with a lid and simmer for a while.
- Put the beef out of stock. Pour the stock into a big pot. Put into the pot the peeled potatoes, cut into big pieces.
- Shred the cabbage. When the stock with potatoes boils put the cabbage into the pot. Add salt.
- Separate the meat from the bones, and put it back to the pot. When the potatoes are ready (i.e. soft, boiled), turn off the frying pan and put its contents into the pot. Add a bay leaf, black pepper. Turn off the heat.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.