Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Source: Come Into the Kitchen
- Makes 6 to 8 servings
- 1 pound beef chuck, in one piece
- 8 cups beef bouillon
- salt and pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 3 medium raw beets, shredded
- ½ medium cabbage, shredded
- 1 tbsp minced parsley
- 1 can tomato sauce (8 oz)
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 2 medium potatoes, cubed
- sour cream
- Place beef and cold beef bouillon in deep kettle.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and bay leaf.
- Bring to a boil, and skim.
- Simmer covered, for about 30 minutes.
- In another pan, melt butter and saute in it onion, carrots, beets, cabbage and parsley for 3 minutes.
- Add tomato sauce and vinegar and simmer over low heat for 10 minutes.
- Add to soup with potatoes.
- Simmer, covered, for about 1 hour or until meat is tender.
- Skim when needed.
- Correct seasonings.
- Remove beef to platter, slice and serve separately.
- Serve with sour cream.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.