This rich brownie starts with real sugar, cocoa, milk-chocolate chips, and nuts and is a glorious treat that the whole family will love. Chocolate syrup sometimes works for this, too.
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter
- 2 ⅞ cups sugar, brown or white only
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- ¾ cup cocoa
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped nuts, any kind
- Preheat an oven to 350° F. Grease a 13x9x2-inch baking pan.
- Place butter in a large, microwave-safe bowl.
- Microwave at high (100%) 2 to 2 ½ minutes or until melted.
- Mix up sugar and vanilla. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well.
- Blend in cocoa. Add flour, baking powder and salt; beat well.
- Mix up milk chocolate chips and nuts.
- Pour batter into a prepared pan; bake 30 to 35 minutes or until brownies begin to pull away from sides of the pan.
- Cool completely at the pan on the wire rack.
- Cut into bars. Serve cold and plain or with other desserts. Sell per piece, if desired.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.