I got a new cookbook from my sister-in-law — Jack Daniel's Cookbook, The Spirit of Tennessee. I'm going to share one.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Makes 20 – 25 Meatballs.
- 1 pound ground cooked ham
- ½ pound ground fresh pork
- 1½ cups soft bread crumbs (about 3 slices)
- 2 tablespoons Jack Daniel's whiskey, divided
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup minced celery
- 2 tablespoons minced onion
- ½ teaspoon dry mustard
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cloves
- ⅓ cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- ½ tablespoon vinegar
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine ham, pork, crumbs, 1 tablespoon Jack Daniel's whiskey, water, egg, celery, onion, dry mustard, pepper and cloves.
- Shape mixture into meatballs (1 tablespoon each).
- Arrange on baking sheet;bake for 15 minutes or until fully cooked.
- Make sauce of brown sugar, prepared mustard, vinegar and remaining 1 tablespoon Jack Daniel's whiskey.
- Stir over low heat until hot.
- Use toothpicks to dip cooked meatballs in sauce.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.