Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Source: www.sparkpeople.com submitted by SparkPeople user LONGWAY2GO.
- Number of Servings: 6
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 (14.5 oz) canned diced tomatoes
- 1 can pumpkin purée
- 1½ tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- ½ tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp granulated beef bouillon
- 1 dash salt
- 1 can chili beans
- 1 cup water
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat, and saute the onion, bell pepper and garlic until tender.
- Stir in the turkey, and cook until evenly brown.
- Mix in tomatoes, pumpkin and chili beans.
- Stir in beef bullion and water.
- Season with chili powder, cumin, pepper, and salt.
- Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 20 minutes or put in slow cooker.
- If desired service with shredded cheddar cheese.
Nutritional information Edit
- 211.7 Calories | 8.6g Total Fat | 2.1g Saturated Fat | 0.9g Poly Fat | 1.5g Mono Fat | 0mg Cholesterol | 284.5mg Sodium | 265.4mg Potassium | 16.5g Total Carbs | 5g Dietary Fiber | 3.1g Sugars | 18.2g Protein | Vitamin A = 146.3% | Vitamin B-12 = 0.0% | Vitamin B-6 = 10.6% | Vitamin C = 42.3% | Vitamin D = 0.0% | Vitamin E = 6.3% | Calcium = 4.2% | Copper = 5.5% | Folate = 4.6% | Iron = 16.8% | Magnesium = 5.5% | Manganese = 10.0% | Niacin = 3.5% | Pantothenic Acid = 2.7% | Phosphorus = 4.0% | Riboflavin = 3.9% | Selenium = 0.9% | Thiamin = 3.8% | Zinc = 1.7%
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.