Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Source: my old recipes
- Serves 8
- 3 lbs Idaho potatoes (about 6)
- 1½ cup heavy or whipping cream
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- ¼ cup finely chopped shallots
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 2 bay leaves
- 1½ tbsp finely chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- ¾ cup cream cheese, room temperature
- ½ cup milk
- ½ tbsp paprika
- pepper to taste
- ¾ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup dried bread crumbs
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh Italian parsley (flat leaf)
- Preheat oven to 350 °F.
- oil bottom of shallow 2 quart baking dish.
- Peel and very thinly slice potatoes.
- Put in mixing bowl and add ¾ cup cram.
- Toss to mix.
- Set aside.
- Melt butter in skillet.
- Add shallots and garlic; sauté over low heat for 3 to 4 minutes don't brown.
- Add bay leaves and rosemary to skillet.
- Whisk in cream cheese, milk and remaining ¾ cup cream.
- Simmer, whisking constantly until smooth, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add paprika, salt and pepper.
- Discard bay leaves and pour mixture over potatoes.
- Toss gently.
- Arrange potato mixture in baking dish, spreading out evenly.
- Sprinkle first with Parmesan and then with bread crumbs.
- Bake until potatoes are tender and top is golden brown and bubbly, about 1 hour.
- Cover with foil after 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve at once.
- Make ahead tip: assemble (except for topping) in baking dish early in day.
- Refrigerate covered.
- Add cheese and bread crumbs just before baking.
- Once cooked, will keep warm 15 minutes.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.