Raisins, Seedless by the US Department of Agriculture, public domain government resource—original source of recipe
- 6 cups peeled, sliced apples
- 1½ cups raisins
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¾ cup sugar, divided
- 3 tablespoons margarine or butter, melted
- 1 pie crust, unbaked
- Heat oven to 400 °F.
- In a large bowl combine apples, raisins, cinnamon, and ¼ cup of sugar. Toss to coat.
- Tilt/spread melted margarine on the sides and bottom of a 10” pie plate or casserole.
- Sprinkle bottom of pie plate with ¼ cup sugar.
- Distribute apple/raisin mixture over sugar.
- Sprinkle ¼ cup sugar over the top of fruit.
- Place pie crust over the apples, tucking edge over apples.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Cover crust loosely with foil and bake 25 minutes more.
- Place serving plate upside down over pie plate and immediately turn tart upside down onto serving plate.
- Serve warm with frozen yogurt.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.