- 2 jalapeno chiles (red and green) charred on open flame
- 4 "seasoning" peppers charred
- 2 medium sized capsicum (bell) peppers, charred
- 2 cloves pan roasted garlic
- ½ tsp cumin seeds
- 8 – 10 black peppercorns
- 6 – 8 coriander seeds
- 1 tbsp whole leaf oregano
- three root sections of cilantro plant
- 1 knuckle of ginger
- pulp of one large ripe mango
- ¼ cup oil
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- peel of 1 lime
- salt to taste
- Char the three types of peppers over open flame until the skin blisters.
- Cut out the seed pods.
- Roast garlic cloves with skin on in cast iron pan.
- Toast the cumin seeds, peppercorns and coriander when garlic is nearly done.
- When the seeds begin to pop, add the oregano and take off the heat.
- Pound the cilantro root with a flat knife.
- Peel the garlic and add with all above ingredients to processor along with the mango, ginger, oil, soy, lime and salt.
- Sauté the mixture over low flame until the oil begins to separate from the paste and it gives off a rich aroma.
- Add in prawns and cook until just done.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.