This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Decker Estate in Elmo, Texas in 1999.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 1¼ cup cane syrup
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups coarsely broken pecans
- 2 unbaked pie crusts
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Bring syrup and sugar to a boil in medium saucepan and allow to boil 3 minutes.
- Let syrup cool slightly while preparing the remaining ingredients.
- Add butter to syrup then beat eggs well and slowly pour in syrup.
- Add vanilla and pecan meats.
- Pour into pie shells and bake 45 minutes.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.