Yield: 1 serving
- 1 lb lamb boneless cubed 1"
- 3 carrots julienned
- 2 onions cut to strips ¼" wide and 2" long
- ¼ cup peanut oil
- 6 cups cold water
- 3 cups rice uncooked
- 1 tsp black pepper fresh ground
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 garlic clove minced
- ¼ cup raisins
- ¼ cup chickpeas (garbanzo beans)
- Heat oil in a large, heavy skillet over high heat.
- Drop in the lamb cubes and fry them 6–7 minutes.
- Be sure to turn them constantly.
- Drain them and remove to a large casserole (4 qt. is a good size) in the oil left in the pan add the onions, garlic, carrots, raisins, chick peas, salt, and pepper.
- Cook until browned then add the rice.
- Reduce the heat to low and stir for 3 minutes.
- Pour this mixture into the casserole and toss lightly.
- Add the water.
- Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer for 25 minutes.
- Remove from heat and allow to sit for 10 minutes.
- Serve at once.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.