Preparation time: 30 minutes
- 2 dl Normande sauce
- 1 nice shallot
- 2 tbsp chopped tarragon
- 1 tbsp chopped chervil
- 1 medium tomato
- 2 pinches of black pepper
- 2 tbsp white wine
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp veal stock
- 7 salted anchovy filets
- a dash of cayenne
- Prepare the Normande sauce and keep warm.
- Chop the shallot, tarragon and chervil.
- Boil and peel the tomato, then dice it.
- In a saucepan, add the shallot, tomato, 1 tbsp of tarragon, pepper, white wine and vinegar.
- Heat and keep simmering until almost all the liquid has evaporated.
- Pass through a fine sieve making sure to squeeze out every bit of the juices.
- Mix the reduction with the Normande sauce.
To finish Edit
- Heat the veal stock in a small pan until the amount is reduced by half.
- De-salt the anchovies in some what, then mash them with a fork and add them to the sauce along with the stock and cayenne.
- Mix well.
- Force the sauce through a very fine sieve.
- Add the remaining tarragon and chervil.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.