Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 0 minutes
A refreshing and light drink, perfect for summer.
- ½ of a 567 g (20 oz) can of pineapple (chunks/slices/crushed)
- 225 g can of mango (optional)
- ½ of a 400 g (14 oz) can of sweetened condensed milk
- sugar (optional)
- 1300 ml (1.3 quarts) water
- If you're not using crushed pineapple, then drain and chop the pineapple. Reserve the drained syrup. If you're using any other fruit, drain (reserving syrup) and chop those too.
- Place the fruit and about half the fruit syrup in large bottle or bowl.
- Pour in the sweetened condensed milk and water, then mix.
- Add sugar to taste (I use about 2 tablespoons).
- Chill well, or if serving immediately, throw in some ice.
- Before serving, stir well, because the pineapple has a tendency to settle, then pour into a large glass and serve with a spoon (this is a drink that you both drink and eat).
- You can add ½-1 teaspoon of vanilla for an extra layer of flavour.
- Don't make the mistake of using fresh pineapple in this drink, because it quickly sours the milk, and makes for a bitter drink.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.