- Preparation Time: 1 Hrs 10 min
- Chilling Time: 2 Hrs 30 min
- Yield: 5 dozen candies
- Contributed by Jenn b aka Mom2sam and Tiny at World Recipes Y-Group
- ½ cup Land o' Lakes butter, softened
- 1 (3 oz) package cream cheese, softened
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla 
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- Combine butter and cream cheese in large bowl. Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until smooth.
- Add vanilla; Continue beating until well mixed.
- Reduce speed to low. Beat, gradually adding powdered sugar, until well mixed. (if mixture is too soft, cover and refrigerate 1 hour or until firm enough to form balls.)
- Shape rounded teaspoonfuls of mixture into 1-inch balls.
- Place onto waxed paper-lined baking sheets.
- Cover loosely; Refrigerate until firm (2 hours or overnight).
- Melt chocolate chips and shortening in 1-quart saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly, until smooth (3 to 4 minutes).
- Dip buttercreams into chocolate mixture using toothpicks; Let excess chocolate drip off.
- Place onto waxed paper-lined baking sheet.
- Refrigerate at least 30 minutes to set.
Nutritional information Edit
Nutrition Facts (1 candy):
- Calories: 80
- Fat: 4g
- Cholesterol: 5 mg
- Sodium: 20 mg
- Carbohydrates: 10g
- Dietary Fiber: 0g
- Protein: 0g
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.