- ½ cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons solid vegetable fat
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla flavor
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 egg
- about 2⅓ cups flour, or enough to make a medium soft dough
- First put fat, salt, vanilla and milk into a bowl, and work with a spoon until creamy.
- Add the sugar gradually, stirring constantly until well creamed and white.
- Mix in the well beaten egg, and fold in the flour to a rather soft dough.
- Divide into 2 or 3 pieces so as to be handled more easily, and roll out on a well floured board to ¼ inch thickness.
- Cut with a floured biscuit cutter, lay in baking pan, and bake in a medium slow oven to a very light brown color.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.