- Ethnicity - Marathi, West Indian
- Type of meal - Party, Lunch, Dinner
- 4 large potatoes, cubed
- cashews, to taste
- 1½ cups rice, washed
- ¾ cup yoghurt
- 5 cm ginger
- 2 pieces cinnamon
- 3 tsp coriander seeds
- ¼ tsp turmeric
- ½ cup coriander leaves, chopped
- ¼ cup dry coconut (copra), grated
- 5 green chillies, chopped
- salt to taste
- oil for frying
- Fry potatoes and cashew nuts separately. Reserve.
- Grind green chillies, ginger, cinnamon, coriander seeds and turmeric.
- Heat 2 tbsps oil and fry the ground paste. Add fried potatoes and yoghurt. Add rice and stir fry.
- Add 3 cups water, salt and cook the rice. Add fried cashew nuts.
- Garnish with dry grated coconut and coriander leaves, and serve hot.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.