Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
- 3 lb veal shoulder or rump roast
- ¼ lb bacon, cut into small pieces
- pinch of salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- ¼ tsp oregano
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 sprigs parsley, finely chopped or 1 tsp dried parsley
- ¼ cup oil
- 3 medium onions, quartered
- 6 carrots, quartered
- 4 to 6 medium potatoes, quartered
- 1 cup water
- Cut slits in veal with sharp knife.
- Put a piece of bacon in each slit.
- Mix salt, pepper, oregano, garlic and parsley together.
- Put a little of the mixture into each slit.
- Heat oil in a roasting pan and brown veal on all sides.
- Remove from top of stove.
- Arrange vegetables around the browned veal, add water, cover and roast in 300°F oven for 2½ to 3 hours.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.