- rice 750 gms
- butter 2 ½ tbsps
- Fresh green peas 125 gms
- Sliced Mushrooms 125 gms
- soy sauce 3 tbsps
- Pickled cucumber (gherkins) 25 gms
- Chopped French beans 100 gms
- Spring Onion stalks 2 chopped
- Chopped large Onion 1no
- Sesame (til) 2 tsps
- oil 2 tbsps
- salt To taste
- Heat the butter and the oil and stir-fry the cabbage, carrots, Peas, sweet corn, onions, French beans, Mushrooms, Onion stalks, soy sauce and salt.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the rice and mix with vegetables.
- Fry both over medium heat for two minutes.
- Add boiling water (1½ litres).
- Stir and bring to boil.
- Lower heat and place on heavy iron plate (tavaa) for 15 minutes with lid covered.
- Stir once after 8-10 minutes.
- Serve in a well-heated dish.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.