- 1 brick tofu
- 2 tsp gram flour (chickpea flour, besan)
- water (enough) to make a thin, smooth paste
- 1 family size package of frozen green peas
- 1 cup of ground tomatoes or tomato purée
- juice of one lemon
- 1 onion, sliced very thinly
- 1 tsp pressed garlic
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp coriander
- ½ tsp clove
- ¼ tsp methi (fenugreek)
- 1 tsp salt
- Sauté the onion and garlic in your favorite medium until browned.
- Add spices to onion/garlic at last minute of saute.
- Stir until distributed and then add water.
- Mix the gram flour with water and make a thin, smooth paste.
- Add frozen peas to the sauce, and cook until hot.
- Dribble in the chickpea flour mixture, while stirring.
- The sauce will thicken.
- Add tomatoes or tomato puree and lemon juice.
- Stir, adjust seasonings.
- Add tofu and simmer until it absorbs some of the seasonings.
- Add more water if necessary.
- Serve with rice.
Lemon juice Recipes
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.