- 1 Lemon Loaf
- raspberry all-fruit spread
- ½ cup marsala wine
- 2½ cups vanilla custard (I make it from Bird's custard, that powder stuff that comes out of the red, blue and yellow can); or vanilla pudding
- 3 cups Dad's brand oatmeal cookies, smashed into crumbs
- 3 cups frozen blueberries
- 1 tub Tofutti's "Better Than Cream Cheese"
- ½ pound smooth, medium-firm tofu
- ½ cup brown rice syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- dash of salt
- 1 cup lightly toasted, sliced almonds
- Have all ingredients ready and cooled prior to assembling.
- Assemble at least a few hour ahead of serving to give the cake time to soak up the booze.
- Cut the lemon loaf into 2" thick slices and slather each piece generously with the raspberry spread.
- Layer into the bottom of a glass dish.
- Drizzle with the marsala.
- Layer with the chilled custard, then the crushed oatmeal cookies, then the frozen blueberries.
- In mixing bowl, whip the "better than cream cheese" with the tofu, brown rice syrup, vanilla and salt, until smooth.
- Slather this over the blueberries.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and chill for several hours.
- Just before serving, sprinkle with the lightly toasted almonds.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.