Contributed by Jenn B aka Mom2Sam and Tiny at World Recipes Y-Group
- Source: Better Homes and Gardens
- Makes 6 Servings
- 2 x 14½-ounce cans chili-style chunky tomatoes
- 2½ cups water
- 3 x 15-ounce cans pinto, cannellini, and/or red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 x 8-ounce can tomato sauce
- 1 to 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 1½ cups frozen whole kernel corn
- 1½ cups chopped zucchini or yellow summer squash
- ¾ cup shredded cheddar or Monterey jack cheese (3 ounces)
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- In a 4-quart pot stir together undrained tomatoes, water, beans, tomato sauce, chili powder, oregano, and pepper.
- Bring to boiling; reduce heat.
- Cover and simmer 10 minutes.
- Using a potato masher, mash beans slightly.
- Stir in the corn and zucchini.
- Return to boiling; reduce heat.
- Cover and simmer 10 minutes more or until vegetables are tender.
- Spoon into serving bowls.
- Top each serving with 2 tablespoons cheese.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.