- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced and pressed
- 2 medium green bell peppers, chopped
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup dry couscous
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 2 small tomatoes, cut into wedges
1.Sauté onion, garlic and green pepper in oil in a large skillet until soft, then push to sides of pan.
2.In the center of the skillet, pour in the couscous. Add the water to the couscous, stirring gently. Top this mixture with tomato wedges and the cooked green peppers; cover pan for 3 minutes.
3.Add a little water and cook longer, if needed. Couscous should be light and fluffy.
- Vegetable Couscous from the Public Health Cookbook by the Seattle & King County Department of Public Health -- original source of recipe, public domain government resource