- 1 medium zucchini, sliced
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, cut in small pieces
- 2, 8-ounce cans tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- l cup low-fat cottage cheese
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded, (try part-skim)
- 6 lasagna noodles, uncooked
1.Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2.Mix zucchini, mushrooms, onions, and garlic with tomato sauce and seasonings in a saucepan. Cover; cook 15 minutes and set aside.
3.Mix cheeses and chopped tomato. Spread one-third of sauce over bottom of 8-by 8-inch baking dish. Add half of the uncooked noodles and half of cheese mixture. Repeat layers and end with a third layer of sauce.
4.Cover tightly with foil; bake 45 minutes. Remove from oven and let stand 5 minutes before serving.
- Farmers' Market Recipes by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts Department of Agricultural Resources, public domain government resource -- original source of recipe