Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
- ½ cup orange juice, chicken stock or low-sodium chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons rice vinegar or white wine vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon hot red pepper sauce
- 1 teaspoon each olive and dark sesame oil
- 4 small carrots, peeled and thinly sliced diagonally (2 cups)
- 1 large sweet red pepper (8 ounces), cut into strips ¼ inch wide
- 1 medium-size yellow onion, halved and thinly sliced (2 cups)
- 8 ounces Chinese cabbage (about 5 large leaves), halved lengthwise and sliced ½ inch thick
- 4 ounces snow peas or sugar snap peas — trimmed
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds (optional)
- In a small bowl, stir together the orange juice and cornstarch until well blended.
- Add the honey, soy sauce, vinegar, and red pepper sauce, stirring to combine.
- In a large wok or 12-inch nonstick skillet, heat the olive oil and sesame oil over moderately high heat until hot but not smoking.
- Add the carrots, sweet red pepper, and onion and stir-fry for 8 minutes.
- Stir in the orange juice mixture and cook for 1 minute or until the sauce boils and thickens.
- Stir in the sesame seeds if desired.
- Serve with grilled poultry or fish and brown rice.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.