Description[edit | edit source]
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 1 cup long-grain rice
- 1 tbsp Betty's butter
- 1 shallot, minced
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 carrot, sliced
- ½ cup snow peas, sliced
- ½ cup mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tbsp white wine
- 1½ cup chicken / vegetable stock
- salt or pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
Directions[edit | edit source]
- Soak rice 2 hours to shorten cooking time.
- Rinse and drain.
- In a medium-size non-stick saucepan, heat butter and saute shallot until softened.
- Add vegetables and saute about 3 minutes.
- Add rice to vegetables; stirring to coat.
- Cook about 2 minutes.
- Stir in wine broth; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer about 25 minutes, until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed.
- Remove from heat and fluff with a fork.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Garnish with sesame seeds.
Nutritional information[edit | edit source]
Food exchanges per serving: 2 starch/bread exchanges + 1 fat exchange + ( this recipe didn't list the vegetable exchange). calories: 182; cho: 2 mg; car: 31g; pro: 4g; sod: 127 mg; fat: 4g;
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.