Makes 6 servings.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 large carrots, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 pound zucchini squash (about 3 medium), chopped
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 1 x 14½-ounce can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 x 15 to 16-ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat until hot.
- Add onion, carrots, garlic, jalapeno, chili powder, cumin and salt.
- Cook, stirring 2 to 3 minutes or until onion is beginning to brown and carrots are crisp tender.
- Add zucchini, rice, tomatoes and beans; simmer 5 to 7 minutes or until zucchini is tender.
- Remove from heat; stir in cilantro. Serve immediately.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.