- 1 large carrot
- 4 French beans
- ¼ cabbage
- 1 stalk celery
- 1 leek
- 1 medium onion
- 1 bay leaf
- 5 peppercorns
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp of oil
- 1½ tsp worcestershire sauce
- 1½ tsp of salt
- 8 cups of water
- Wash all the vegetables thoroughly.
- Peel and cut the carrot and French beans. Preserve carrot peels.
- Chop onion and cabbage into 1 cm. cubes.
- Slice the garlic.
- Boil carrot and French beans in extra water for 10 minutes. Strain and keep aside.
- In a soup pot, heat oil.
- Add the chopped onion, garlic, bay leaf, peppercorns, leek, chopped celery and carrot peels and fry for three minutes.
- Add water and bring to a boil. Cook uncovered on medium flame for 10 minutes.
- Strain the stock into a fresh pot.
- Add cabbage, boiled carrot and French beans. Stir the mixture.
- Add salt and Worcestershire sauce.
- Bring to a boil and serve hot.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.