"Delicious and easy vegetable stew inspired by Providence's City Farm Manager, Rich. Organic, locally grown, and in season ingredients have the best flavor. add a bit more cayenne for a tasty home remedy. Serve hot with warm bread."
- Original recipe yield: 12 servings.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 2 bunches leeks, chopped
- 1 clove elephant garlic, chopped
- 4 stalks celery, chopped
- 3 large carrots, chopped
- 1½ quarts vegetable broth
- 1 (29 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans
- ½ head Chinese cabbage, cored and shredded
- 4 large potatoes
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon celery salt
- 1 dash ground cayenne pepper
- 2 bay leaves
- grated Parmesan cheese to taste
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.