Vegetable and Seafood Rice Bowl from the Public Health Cookbook by the Seattle & King County Department of Public Health—original source of recipe, public domain government resource
- Cook Time: About 10 minutes
- Serves: 6
- 1 x 14½ ounce can low sodium chicken broth
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1½ cups plum tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- ½ cup sliced roasted red bell peppers
- ½ pound uncooked peeled and de-veined shrimp. Thaw if frozen.
- ½ pound cod fillet, cubed
- 6 ounces sea scallops, halved
- ½ cup dry white wine
- ¼ teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- Cooked rice
- Bring broth to a boil then stir in mushrooms and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients except for cilantro and rice.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and cook for about 7 minutes or until shrimp turns pink and tender.
- Serve over rice (optional) in bowls sprinkled with cilantro.
- You can substitute chicken broth or water for the wine.
- You can substitute your favorite pasta for the rice.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.