Love Zukes? Try this Zoup. Zowie!
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Source: Newspaper Clipping
- Serves 6
- 2 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup celery sliced
- 1 cup fennel, sliced
- 3 quarts vegetable stock (or water, use vegetable stock for a more flavorful soup)
- 6 tomatoes
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tbsp fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tsp dill, chopped
- 2 tbsp + 1 tbsp parsley, chopped
- 3 cups zucchini, chopped in large pieces
- 1 oz dry sherry
- ½ cup cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- Sauté onions and garlic in hot olive oil until onions collapse.
- Add celery and fennel; continue to sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add stock, tomatoes, bay leaf, basil, dill and parsley.
- Bring to a boil, and then lower to simmer.
- Simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes.
- Add zucchini, sherry, salt, and pepper.
- Continue to simmer for 30 minutes until zucchini is tender.
- Stir in cream right before serving.
- Top with chopped parsley.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.